Firefly House Rules
Here set the Rules of the House.
- The GM will be using the alternate rules for plot points. The GM will not keep a separate pool of plot points. Instead, whenever the GM would use a plot point from the pool, instead, she will give a plot point to the character affected.
Training Up and Callbacks
- Since online play is so slow, rather than using episodes, the system will use acts as the base for callbacks and training.
Rather than keeping track of individual credits for money, this campaign will use an overall ship resource level to determine buying power. Resources will be set by die level. The higher the die level, the better off the crew is. Resources are determined on a month to month basis. Every month resources are redetermined based on the jobs that the crew secures. Resources can go up or down based on various factors. Where appropriate, resources may be rolled when buying something would put the crew's current resource level in jeopardy. Depending on a character's personal and individual background and upon agreement with the GM, a character may spend a plot point to add a 1D6 resource to resource rolls where they might be using their own resources to help defray the cost and avoid a bigger drop in resource level.
- 1D4 : Up to 5K buying power : Food is soy paste and nothing more. The ship cannot afford any extras or fixes. If no work secured after one month, resources will disappear and the crew will be stuck on the last planet they land on until they can secure work that will get them off the planet.
- 1D6 : Up to 10K buying power : Food is mostly soy paste supplemented by some canned foods. The ship can afford minor maintenance. If no work secured after one month, resources will go down to 1D4 and will follow the rules of that resource.
- 1D8 : Up to 15K buying power : Food is all canned. The ship can afford regular maintenance and minor upgrades to the ship. If no work secured after one month, resources will go down to 1D6 and will follow the rules of that resource. Can make minor upgrades.
- 1D10 : Up to 22K buying power : Food is mostly canned with a few fresh fruits, vegetables, or meats. The ship can afford regular maintenance and mid level upgrades to the ship. If no work secured after two months, resources will go down to 1D8 and will follow the rules of that resource. Can make mid level upgrades.
- 1D12 : Over 22K buying power : Food is mostly fresh fruits, vegetables, and meats. The ship can afford regular maintenance and major upgrades to the ship. If no work secured after two months, resources will go down to 1D10 and will follow the rules of that resource. Can make major upgrades
When making a purchase such as an upgrade to a ship where resources will be lowered, the crew will roll the resource die against a difficulty of 1/2 the level to see how far resources are depleted. A success only lowers resources by 1 level. A failure lowers resources by 2 levels and a 1 (botch) lowers by 3 levels.
Factors For Changing Resources
- Time : Refer to the die level explanations to see how Time will affect resources
- Ship Upgrades : When making a ship upgrade, resource level will decrease if it is at or above the stated resource level.
- Haggling for better pay : If successfully haggled, a job may secure an extra Die level of resources
|Firefly: Race to the Finish|
|Crew • People • Locations • Ship • Journal • Firefly Rules Primer • House Rules • Noteboard|