The Swallowtail Festival, part 2
- Kaijitsu Ameiko, owner of the Rusty Wyvern.
- Hannah Isha Velerin, healer and Cleric of Emerald.
- Aldern Foxglove, minor noble from Vesicule.
- Iron Spine the Sheriff of Bordrpoint, sheriff of Borderpoint.
- Brother Absalar Zantus, Cleric of Diamond and head cleric of the Borderpoint Temple.
- Cydrak Dorado, owner of the Borderpoint Theater.
- Borderpoint, a town on Battle Coast between the Onyx Cryptocracy and the Scapolite Theocracy.
- Goblins, tribe unknown.
- Goblin warchanter, tribe unknown.
- Goblin commando riding rat-dog, tribe unknown.
3rd day of Diamond, year 54 of the Age of the Great Invasion
- The explosion of a wagon loaded with alchemical fuel and wood meant for a bonfire later in the evening signals an attack by more goblins. Three more crawl out of hidey holes while a fourth, a warchanter, starts singing foul goblin rhymes up on a rooftop.
- While Lucius, Maayan, Kaza and Shiphrah fight the goblins, Zyindra moves amongst the wounded citizens of Borderpoint, healing them with her magic. Meanwhile, Ameiko proves a capable bard and begins playing her shamisen, inspiring the fighters, strengthening their arms and improving their aim.
- Hannah Velerin uses magic to whisper from afar to Zyindra. She says the sheriff and his militia have the situation under control to the south but that there is a worry that more goblins might pour in from the north. The sheriff has noticed the group and asks that they hold the northern position until he can send men to reinforce the volunteer fighters.
- Just as the adventurers put down most of the goblins in the fountain square a scream rings out from the north and Zyindra's sharp eyes spot several more goblins in that direction. While Zyindra focuses on healing the last of the wounded Borderpoint citizens and the elven sisters use their bows to bring down the goblin warchanter on the roof, Lucius runs between houses to the north. He arrives in time to see a large, hairless rat-thing biting out the throat of a hunting dog. The rat-thing is being ridden by a fierce looking goblin carrying a much larger sword than the others. A horse-chopper instead of a dog-chopper. The rat-riding goblin is menacing a well-dressed Onyxish noble that cowers behind a barrel.
- Lucius engages in battle but is soon overwhelmed. Ameiko comes to his aid, putting down her shaimsen and drawing her mithral tantō. Soon Maayan and Shiphrah have also arrived to help with the battle.
- The fight against the goblins ends when Sheriff Iron Spine and several of his militia arrive as reinforcements. The rat riding goblin escapes but the others are cut down. While Zyindra uses her magic to heal wounds suffered by Ameiko, Lucius and Maayan, Sheriff Iron Spine thanks the adventurers for their aid. If they had not held the fountain square the goblins might have swept south and overwhelmed the crowd there. Brother Zantus echoes the praise as he arrives and provides additional healing.
- The well-dressed Onxyish man comes out of hiding and praises the heroes for rescuing him. He seems especially taken with Maayan. He declares that they must have dinner with him and promises to pay their tab for room and meals at the Rusty Wyvern for the next five days. Ameiko promises to take care of the arrangements.
- Zyindra goes with Brother Zantus. The two of them and Hannah attend to the wounded, using magic and skill to heal and stabilize. There have been a few deaths but most of the injured can be healed enough to go home on their own. Only a few need more care and those are given beds inside the Temple for the time being.
TO BE CONTINUED
|Setting • People • Locations • Monsters • Journal • House Rules • Noteboard|