- Neutral Good Large City
- Corruption +0 • Crime +2 • Economy +3 • Law +0 • Lore +4 • Society +8
- Qualities: Academic, Hallow, Holy Site, Religious Tolerance, Therapeutic.
- Danger: +10
- Government: Council (The Chosen)
- Population: 19,700 (13,200 humans [7,600 Obsidianu, 3,250 Jadenese, 2,350 other]; 3,300 halflings (3,140 turquise, 160 emerald; 900 grippli; 720 dwarves; 480 darfellan; 375 elves; 240 kobolds, 235 gnomes, 126 modron, 124 illithid)
- Base Value: 8,000 gp; Purchase Limit: 50,000 gp; Spellcasting: 10th (divine 12th)
- Minor Items: 4d4; Medium Items: 3d4; Major Items: 2d4
10 Facts About Diamond City
- Diamond City is a nation unto itself. It was founded in 204 in the Age of the Expanding Empire, during the Great Invasion. Originally, Diamond Island was the only Totem territory to be uninhabited. Ironically, Diamond, the Totem of balance and community, wanted no community built around itself. However, during the Great Invasion, Dina the Lady of Butterflies was moved by the plight of refugees left homeless by the advance of the invaders. She went to her Totem and kneeled in supplication for nine days, begging that they be given a home. So still was she, butterflies by the hundreds came to perch on her. By the tenth day, Dina was so covered in butterflies that she could not be seen. Her prayers were answered and the simple Grand Temple of Diamond became the center of a new Diamond City, a place for the refugees to live.
- The city was built by the totem. Well, not so much built, as grown. It rose from the ground in gleaming white towers and buildings. At first glance it seems a normal city but, in truth, it is a city composed of a single building - all connected. An organic structure, with buildings growing out of buildings.
- During the war, Diamond City became the base of the united forces of Krystallos. By decree of Diamond, no one nation could claim the city. Instead, a council was elected, with each church sending a single representative. In some cases, the representative is clearly chosen - such as the representative from Scapolite. In others, the representative is whomever arrives alive - such as the representative from Peridot.
- The entire city is Hallowed. The dead cannot rise here as undead and evil beings from outside Krystallos, such as those in Tiamat's slave armies, cannot enter the city. It is easier to resist negative channeled energy, and it is impossible to use magic to turn oneself invisible within the city.
- There is a subtle aura of healing around the city. Heal checks are performed with a +1 bonus.
|Setting • People • Locations • Monsters • Journal • House Rules • Noteboard|